Mid-Atlantic Regional Air Management Association, Inc. (MARAMA)
The Mid-Atlantic Regional Air Management Association, Inc. (MARAMA) is seeking an Executive Director for its regional program supporting local and state air pollution control agencies. MARAMA is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit voluntary association of ten state and local agencies. Our mission is to strengthen the capabilities of member agencies and help them work together to reduce air pollution impacts in the region. We conduct training and technical studies, support the Mid-Atlantic Diesel Collaborative, and work closely with the Ozone Transport Commission, the Mid-Atlantic/Northeast Visibility Union, and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. Our office is currently located in Towson, Maryland.
Opening date: August 11, 2017
Closing date: September 11, 2017
Nature of position: Full time, salaried, at-will position
Benefits: Paid holidays (federal holidays plus day after Thanksgiving), vacation, sick, and personal leave. Health and dental insurance available at group rate. MARAMA contributes to 401(k) plan after first year; employee contributions allowed after six months.
Travel: Must have valid driver’s license and be able to travel on commercial airlines within the U.S. Will be expected to attend regional and national meetings involving overnight travel approximately monthly.
Roles and Responsibilities of the Executive Director:
How to Apply:
Questions to be Answered by Applicants for the MARAMA Executive Director Position:
Answers should be no more than one page per question, single spaced, 11 point font, one-inch margins.
1. How would your experience help you build the capabilities of MARAMA agencies to implement the Clean Air Act?
2. What is your understanding of the roles of federal, state, and local agencies in implementing the Clean Air Act?
3. What is your management philosophy and experience? Include how you relate to your subordinates, peers, and superiors.
4. Describe your experience with strategic planning and working with others to set priorities.
5. Describe your experience with budgets, procurement, and federal grants.